Trash to Treasure

Twice a year my neighborhood has a major trash day. This is not your run of the mill garbage man comes to pick up a load of trash.  I am talking about the mother of all trash days. And, my neighbors really get into it. In fact it is so major that trucks driven by people from all over the city are seen hitting our neighborhood streets from before sun up to after sun down rummaging through our neighborhood trash to find treasures. One of my very good friends, and partners in crime, came over to my house the day before trash pick up day to take me out to rummage.
We loaded the kids up and headed out. This is what I collected:


Games for the kids. They are all intact and in great shape.





A very nice wooden picnic table. The kids were excited about this
because the dogs won't get their food now.

Three cute little kid chairs.
I did nab a 4th yellow one,
but Hope threw it across the room and broke it.
I have no idea what she was thinking.

Unopen Zone bars.
Still in their cellophane Sams Club double package wrapper.
Don't judge me. They were not expired and not touched. They were also set on top of a table. No diving here.  Hey! Haven't you ever seen the Oprah show about the Freegans?!

Books for the little kids.  Like brand new!
                                                           Great reads for the big kids.

 Cook books in perfect condition.                                             

                                      A brand new note pad.

A 44" flat screen Sony TV with remote. Yup. It works.
The couple upgraded.
My family Freaked!

I also got a very nice intact solid oak or pine 
(it was light in color) bunk bed. 
It had drawers and a desk built in.
We gave that away though, because David didn't like the "L" shaped bed style. Oh well...

3 comments:

Lissa said...

All I can say is WOW!!! =)

Clarisa said...

just what kind of neighborhood do you live in that people wouldn't want that?? good job!

Unknown said...

The kind that would rather give it away than have a yard sale. It is AWESOME!!!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog