President Faith


This week at the kids' school was elections for Student Counsel. Faith Had been planning for a month to run for President of the school. We helped her make posters. They were very pretty. She had 2 slogans. One was Put your faith in Faith!!! The other was Ya Gotta Have Faith!!! The posters said the slogans and Faith's Name was in Glitter so they looked like jewels.
Faith was so worried she didn't have enough posters or big enough posters. She got so mad at me because She wanted a giant poster with her picture on it and I told her "No."
Then Thursday was speech day for everyone running for student counsel offices. Only the 5th graders can hold office. 9 kids ran for president. So Faith was really nervous.
She did a great job on her speech though. And to make a long story short - She won!
She was told yesterday at school. When she got home, she flew through the door to run and tell me.
Courage is also in student counsel again this year. But, since he is in 4th grade he can only be a representative. Both kids are so excited.
I can't believe they are both in it again this year! I am very proud.
Even though you can't hear the speech in this blog because of my beautiful music collection, you can copy the youtube address to view the speech another time. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFBwE33jdo

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Congratulations Faith and Courage! I once ran for seceratary in 5th grade. But I didn't make it. Oh well!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog