A Naked Dog, TOO!

So, David and I got into a fight today about Casanova's grooming.  I have spent years doing his grooming myself. It was about 4 hours each time I groomed him.  The last time I groomed him, I could not get the undercoat to dry enough so he mildewed. It was nasty! I swore I would never groom him myself again. But given the fact that we are in residency, we are not financially well off.  Fortunately that will all change soon, but in the mean time.... What to do about grooming Cass?
The dog is rank and nasty dirty. He likes to sleep in the most foul areas of the yard and roll around so he gets matted.
I have been telling David for months that we needed him shaved. He didn't want to do it for financial reasons. (It costs $100 to shave him.) That is understandable. But it will cast $100 plus $24 per hour to brush him out. But, my thing is that we simply can't neglect Cass's needs because of money! So, I said, "Alright, then we need to find him a new home that is willing to do what it takes to care for the dog." Of course that was not accepted with welcome arms. And, I didn't expect it to. I don't want to displace Cass either. But, he needs to be cleaned and groomed to take him to the vet.... You see what I mean?  I will not take a dog with dirt clumps and leaves stuck in his rank smelling fur to the vet. Plus, Cass just deserves better.
So, to make a long story short. David and I fought it out. He wanted to wait until spring to groom Cass. I wanted him shaved today despite the fact that Cass will not be able to spend the winter outside and he has bladder issues.
I took him to get shaved. We will deal with what comes. And, David... well he got all in a huff saying I always get what I want no matter what he thinks. I am sorry he feels that way. Cuz, I certainly don't get whatever I want.  I wish!
Now he is mowing the lawn to blow off some steam.  Hmmmm..... Maybe I do get what I want.

3 comments:

Lissa said...

haha! David claims I always get what I want, too. But I admit it's true. I do always get what I want!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OK.. I removed the post because it wasn't me. David signed in as me and said It was a "retarded post." Figures.
I guess some take the truth to be harsh.....
.\ /.
u
_____

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog