Blogging Addiction, Anyone????

Hi. My Name is Tera. And, I am addicted to blogging.

81%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?

Do I have a problem? Ummmm.... yeah.
You know blogging is a recognizable force when you forget you are babysitting a 4 year old from 8am until 5pm - and they just show up at your door.  Yup. That happened to me today right in the middle of me writing a post.


Yes. I am blogging here. Why did David take pictures of this?
...Maybe because he wanted to document how I look during much of the day.

I was introduced to blogging a little over a year ago when my friend showed me her blog and told me to start one. I did reluctantly. But I quickly lost interest because it looked complicated, and I had also just started back in school.
Then, a school break came and I became bored. So I turned to the ever so popular and challenging blogging. I resurrected my poor attempts at a blog and discovered a whole new world that brought my need for creativity, mental stimulation, and social interaction. But, then the obsessive person that I am, I let it it take me away. I haven't recovered since. Every little red star I get on my revolving world is like a trophy to add to my shelf of popularity. But, I like to share what I have to say with others. It keeps the blogging fire burning when I know people are visiting my site because they want to hear what I have to say.
I don't get much response from home. Here, I am just plain old Mom who never shuts up....(except to blog). This is one of the causes, by the way. Other causes are: "I spend all day working at this computer - it's so lonely." Or, some may take to blogging simply for the pleasure of it, like recreational sex. And, for others it may fill a deep-seated need to "be somebody." I do it for ALL of these reasons. So, yeah, I was doomed from the start - and enjoying every minute of it!!!


Serious concentration writing my post.
Hmmm... I need something to even out my skin tone.

So, how do you know if you are addicted? There are many, many websites about it. Yes, I am so addicted that I read blogs about blog addiction. BAD. Or, is it Blogging Addiction Disorder?
Don't fault me. I have a disorder... Well whatever it is, I am just admitting it. I am not ashamed, nor do I intend on quitting. Deal with that!


I thought I was hiding from the annoying camera in my face.
But, maybe this is a picture of subconscious shame.

Top 10 signs that show
you might be addicted:

10. You check your blog stats a LOT. You occasionally get up in the middle of the night and sneak a peak.
9. Your significant other suspects you are having an affair with your blog. Even when you’re alone with your special person, you do find yourself thinking what your blog might be doing right then…
8. You “mental blog” while driving or on the train, and sometimes even when you are alone in the shower.
7. You filter everything through your post-writing. You can’t watch a movie, see a play, read an article, or share a sweet moment with your child without thinking of whether it’s blog-worthy.
6. You suffer from “blog envy” when another blogger posts something juicy before you do. You suffer “comment envy” when said post gets 40-something comments – the jerk!
5. You “binge blog” 3 or 4 posts at once—only to feel guilty and empty afterward.
4. You ditched all your real friends for blog friends, because, well, “they understand.” You bypass Bowling Alone at the bookstore (who really cares?) while you reach for Naked Conversations.
3. You think, “I can stop at any time.”
2. Your lunch hour has become your “blog hour.” You keep a few posts tucked in your desk in case you need them during the day.
1. After 5 minutes of meeting someone really interesting you ask, “So - do you blog?”




To test your "BAD" go to this site
---> http://mingle2.com/blog-addiction


6 comments:

Lissa said...

You're too funny! I'm pretty addicted, too, but my days are pretty boring and I have not much to write about. I just post a billion pictures.....
Any chance you guys could be headed this way for the holidays??

Unknown said...

Nope. We will be in Disney World for the Holidays.

Clarisa said...

so, you're addicted...now what? at least you got a cool intial box to add to all your posts. and you got a great blog. now, if you were addited and horribly boring, that would definitely be something to be concerned about! just what are your initials?

Unknown said...

So that is actually my signature that have morphed into...well...a symbol, I guess. ;} I get a lot of comments on it, actually. If you want to make a signature also you can do it at http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_sigdraw.php
It is sooooo cool! ....and fun.

Julia said...

Hi. My name is Julia. I'm addicted to reading your blog. I will admit it. There are 3 blogs I click on every single day of my life. Yours is one of them. Cracks me up. I'm sitting in a lazy boy, my hair in a pony on top of my head, legs curled up, reading your blog like an addict. I'm on the other end. I fear you may have missed your calling in life with nutrition and you need to be in the market of blogging, fun music, fun gadgets to the side, lots of fun little stuff to read....maybe you are one of those people who can start making money from your blog.....my palms are getting sweaty because I know I need to shut the lap top off and go check over homework....

Unknown said...

Hahaha.....! Simply Awesome!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog