Caught Sleeping on the Job

Ok... So I think this is hilarious. Hope found my camera and took a video of me sleeping. She actually took 27 mini-videos to be exact.

Today as I downloaded Faith's birthday pictures, I stumbled across so many videos of me sleeping on the couch in various versions from close-ups on my nose to crazy all over shots such as this one, some were tours of my house, some were of the cats and some were of Hope's face one feature at a time. I laughed at all of them.

What makes this so funny to me is that just this week my girlfriends and I got into a Stay-at-home-mom versus working-mom debate. While the debate did end gracefully, it did get a little heated.


One of the arguments used against stay-at-home-moms was that some were lazy, barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen while kids are left to be babysat by Nick JR. Of  course, I defended the stay-at-home-moms saying basically that that was an inaccurate stereotype for many, many of us.... Ok, I am barefoot a LOT, and my kids were watching Nick Jr. in the video. But, I am not pregnant (yet). And, I am not in the kitchen. As you can see I am clearly on the couch - um..... sleeping.

In my defense though, I didn't get to bed until after 11:30pm because I was doing homework..... OK. OK. I was probably blogging, too.  But then I was up with not 1,  but 2! sick kids during much of the night. I was exhausted. As, you can see I did do some chores first. Notice the laundry..... Notice the vacuum that was out..... But, this day I quickly lost steam, so I crashed and took a 30 minute power nap.


OH, YES IT WAS!


Afterwards, I was back up and cleaning. I also helped Hope with her ridiculous amount of kindergarten homework. And, we read lots of books. Hey! I don't need to defend myself!


.........Now, if you will please excuse me. I need to go do some affirmations.


I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom. I am a good mom............................

2 comments:

Lissa said...

So what's wrong with being barefoot anyways?? =)

Tai said...

Hilarious! I was laughing out loud...You are so funny! Don't let your friends read your blog! I PS I love your new look to your blog!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog