Hair Dayz

Is there anything in the world that makes you feel more beautiful than a day at the salon?

It was hair day in our home this week. The boys got their hair done first, courtesy of moi. I am so talented with a pair of clippers, aren't I? But, Justice was left out of the hair-cutting party. Poor guy. He is so stinkin' cute, but he gets called a girl a LOT. Yeah....., we have taken it upon ourselves to break the mold of "boys need short hair to be boys." And in case you were wondering, we don't intend on cutting it for a long, long time. In fact, the more we get asked, "When are you going to cut his hair?" the more we refuse to. That's right. David and I are rebels. So, watch out.

Girls' hair day was the following day. I took Faith to the salon with me. We got cuts, albeit not much, and colors. Well, she got highlights put in. I got rid of the evidence that I have 4 kids.
We had a good time. Although, I will admit that it was a little weird having Hannah Montana playing on the TV while Faith was waiting for her hair to cook. Normally when I go, I listen to rock music and not "Best of Both Worlds."

Afterwards, I took Hope to Cookie Cutters. It is a kid salon. The concept of the place is cool. The kids getting cuts get to sit on cool seats shaped like fire engines, ponies, airplanes, and so on while they watch a movie in front of them or play video games. There are also a ton of toys in the place, as well as an indoor slide.

But, I will not be going back. The reason you ask...? The stylist was wearing flip flops. She totally grossed me out. I know it was my daughter’s hair falling on her bare feet. But still. Uck! As, I watched this atrocity unfolding before me, I could actually feel hair between my toes and getting caught between my foot and rubber flip flop imagining the hair just sticking to me because of sweaty feet. That's just nasty!







1 comment:

Lissa said...

Now you need to shave one of your girls' heads to prove that girls don't need long hair to be girls. =p

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog