A Dying Christmas Wish

Today's post goes out to all you good-deed-doers... I heard about this story late last night. It has been checked out to be true. However, if you are a skeptic and looking for a pathetic excuse to get out of my challenge to you, Snopes it. I dare you. No, I double dog dare you.

Here is the story:
Diana Harrison Biorkman, has a 5-yr old son in his last stages of a 2 1/2 year battle with Neuroblastoma cancer. Their family is celebrating Christmas next weekend (that would be Nov. 14 & 15).  Apparently, he will not make it to Christmas. All this innocent little boy has requested is Christmas cards. 
I was thinking about how horrible this reality is... I have a little 5 yr. old. So, this tale hits close to home for me. I can't even the imagine the heartache this family must be going through, as I imagine life without my little Hope. She is so perfect, innocent and trusting. Such is the nature of 5 yr olds.

The Challenge:
Go get a card NOW! Send it as soon as you can. There is not much time left for him to receive it by their family Christmas celebration.

This is so simple. You can bring joy to a little boy who is so close to dying, and to his family who will treasure the goodness of the people in this world for showing such love and compassion in their time of need.

Send a card to:
Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178

My personal favorites are the music cards. They bring a smile to my face and my children just love them. So, Noah will be getting a card with a song from us, as well as pictures from my kids.

Thanks! Let's get the cards out ASAP!!! We are running out of time to get these out before it is too late. But, more importantly, Noah is running out of time to enjoy his last Christmas Wish.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog