Lovely Lady Hump????

Courage came up to me today and had a question burning on his little mind....

"Mom", he said... "What does it mean to hump a girl? On Transformers they said that Optimus Prime was trying to hump a girl. What does that mean, humping a girl?" Holy Crap! I missed that part in Transformers! THANK YOU, HOLLYWOOD!!!
Uhhhhhhh....... I completely lost my train of thought at that point and could only stare at him. How do I explain "humping?!" Do I have the sex talk with my 9 year old? No... All his siblings were listening and I really wanted to dodge the question. I was caught so off-guard!



"Ummm... I think that is a great question for your dad, Courage." After all, he is the doctor and a "guy".... This was HIS duty as a parent of his 1st born son.


... Come to think of it, it is his duty period! He can give the girls the sex talk too. He is the Gynecologist. So, his female knowledge trumps mine anyway!


Ok... back to the story...


From the other room I hear David say, "Ask me what?" Big smiles crossed my face as I shouted across the house, "Courage wants you to tell him what "Humping a girl means."


Courage then left my vicinity and entered his dad's.


He asked David, "Dad what does it mean?" He then explained why he wanted to know...
"Dad, does it mean to do this...?" Courage proceeded to grab his own "booboos" (That is what we call breasts in our home). So, he grabbed his booboos with both hands and squeezed over and over again with a huge smile on his face. Upon which David said, "No, Courage. It is worse than that."


Luckily, Courage is easily distracted and let the whole question go soon afterwards. Sometimes I am really grateful for his immensely short attention span! Teaching sex to a 9 year old boy is not on the menu for keeping the Sabbath day holy! Needless to say, his mind would not have been on the more spiritual matters at church had the talk been further pursued.

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

are laughing aside, you really ought to rethink this. you both should sit down and talk to him because should he have a question in the future, he should be able to trust both of you with it. also, 9 is not too young. better and easier to tell them while they are still willing to sit, truly listen, not already have friends' and hollywood's explanations, and you're not too embarressed. go to an lds store, buy a book on how to talk to your kids. then thump your husband on the head and tell him this in one of the BIG talks that they mentioned you should be having with your kids in priesthood general conference. go for it! ;)

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog