The Pinewood Derby


Courage requested that I blog about his pinewood derby tonight. How can I say no to that? Although, if you have read my last post you will know I have no camera. So, I am very unmotivated to blog because of that too now. And, I am bummed that I have no pictures of Courage's race tonight.
When I finally get another camera, I will post pictures of his cool car.
It is a shiny yellow car with flames and skulls on the side. It also has yellow wheels.
All week he and David have been working on the car and getting very excited about the race tonight. But, I think Justice might have been the most excited about tonight. He has been asking to go to the race all week. That boy is obsessed with cars.
To get ready and even more excited about the derby tonight, David decided to take the boys to the Toledo car show this morning. They had a great time checking out the sports cars and trucks.
But then the time came for the races.
We got to the church where the races were held. David and Courage checked in while the other kids and I checked out the other cars and picked out our seats. It turned out that Courage's car was .1 ounce heavier than the accepted 5 oz. So, they had to drill a big hole in the underbelly of the car. They finally got the exact 5 oz weight that they wanted and then sat down with the rest of us waiting for the races.
I was impressed by the track and the technology that made viewing the races capable. We said the pledge of allegiance and sang the national anthem, and then the races began.
Race after race everyone chanted COURAGE! COURAGE! He was so excited. Only one car ever beat him and that was twice.
So, when all the times were averaged Courage's car came in 2nd for 4 or 5 wards. An explosion of cheers rung through and he was beside himself with pride and excitement. It was a fun night.
He got a certificate stating his 2nd place and a king size chocolate bar. Then we ate tons of junk food refreshments. After it all, we spent the whole ride home listening to the play by play of every race, which were about 10 races in all.
Now because Courage was in the top 3 winners tonight and 1st place for our ward, he is invited to the district race. He is already talking about winning nationals. Funny kid.

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

to have a cool looking car and to win is doubly awesome! way to go courage! good luck in the next race!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog