The Amsbury Family 2009 Vacation: the trailer saga

We ended up staying at my dad's house Saturday night, Sunday night, and then again during the return home Saturday night.


The kids camped out at my dad's double wide with him and his wife, Sarah. They had a great time. Hope and Justice strung out on the couch. The two big kids set up "blanket-beds" on the floor. All were in the living room area. It was a fun sleep over, especially since Mom and Dad were sleeping next door in a separate single-wide trailer. It was a little tight, but we fit. And most importantly we slept.


But then, how quickly the sleeping came to a quick hault.... Eyes wide open from a dead sleep, David and I heard extremely loud sirens.  And, not just any sirens..... TORNADO SIRENS!

HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP!!! Our car died the day before and today we are going to be swept away in a singl-wide by a tornado! I know how these things go. I watch the news.. sometimes. Single-wides and tornados don't mix. I just had visions of us in the trailer swiring round and around through the sky.
David and I quickly got dressed and headed over to the double-wide where our kids were. After all 2 single wides connected have to be safer than one! Right? I hoped.....
When we got inside, my dad told us the siren was just calling the volunteer fire department guys.  Thank goodness no tornados today!
But, on the overnight stay coming home, we got to my dad's about 12:30am. We put the kids to bed in the same set-up as before. Then David and I walked over to our guest trailer. After 20 minutes of lying in bed in the dark, I heard someone walking around. I couldn't tell if it was inside the trailer or outside. I just new I was in for a long night...

I hit David and told him I heard a noise. He woke from his snoring sleep to listen then fell back asleep shortly thereafter. 10 minutes later I hit him and told him I was freaked out. I made him get up and look around. All the while I was thinking it was a ghost; That it was watching me and walking the hall of the trailer....
Totally serious... And it isn't that far fetched either since the trailer is right next door to the town cemetary.
I heard the walking and scratching all night long. And, long night it was. Both David and I could have fit on half of a single bed because I was squishing up so close to him.
In the morning we told my Dad and Sarah about the noises we heard. Upon hearing that, Sarah said, "Ya know... I think that trailer is haunted. I have always had that feeling when I lived there."
HELLO!!!
I can sense things. It is like a 6th sense I have. Sarah has it too, apparently. And, here she was confirming my suspisions. I will not be sleeping in that trailer again until the spirits have been exorcised.

1 comment:

Tai said...

Holy Freaking Cow!! You have the craziest stories all the time! Was Sara serious when she said she thought it was haunted??! I think I would I have died....

PS. I LOVE the over the rainbow song on your blog. I think I need to add it to mine. Gotta Love American Idol! Do you ever watch the Bachelor?

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog