Be Grateful

In light of the Haitian earthquake, I have been brought to awareness of the many blessings that I have. I can sit myselfish self down on my couch and complain about how sick or tired I feel while at the same time there are Haitians sitting amidst the rubble of torn streets and buildings. I can complain about my dirty un-vacuumed home while Haitians reside in the nearby parks afraid to enter their homes or don't even have one anymore. I can complain about how my children are demanding and get on my nerves with temper tantrums while there are Haitian parents who recently had their children taken away by such a deadly force and children crying in the streets or under debrit hidden by fallen buildings looking and hoping for their parents.
We are a spoiled people here in the United States. We can sit and complain about our little lives, our corrupt government, and economic strife; or we can realize that there are those so much worse off than we are. WE have food, shelter, families, and saftey. We live in the greatest country in the world, which despite its flaws protects not only us but others throughout the world.
Be greatful. Share what you have. There are millions who really need our help right now. Their needs are great. Dontate now.


1 comment:

Clarisa said...

absolutely agree. help in anyway you can.

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog