My Camera AKA I Hate Cannon

So, when we went to Sea World at Christmas time a stupid dolphin splashed my camera. Well, the camera went kaputt. That totally sucked for the rest of our vacation because I had to buy the disposable cameras that suck. But, in the long run I figured "OK. No Sweat. I bought the extended warrantee."
I sent the camera into Cannon Services to be fixed. They should fix it right??? I had the warrantee. I paid $11 for shipping and postal insurance to get the camera to Cannon Services.
Did they fix my camera? NOPE.
This is what they said.... To be fixed we owe them $140. (Keep in mind I already paid $240 to buy the crap thing. I had it 3 months.)
They said the warrantee does not cover:

"Incidental or consequential damages. pre-existing conditions. damage from accident, abuse, misuse, introduction of foreign objects into the product, unauthorized product modifications or alterations, failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions, accessories and supplies including but not limited to batteries, antennas, cartridges, styluses, records, audio/video disks, tapes, computer software disks, print elements, external power supplies, vacuum cleaner bags (wierd), and belts, bulbs, spark plugs, filters, trimmer lines, or exterior pipes and plumbing, acts of god, preventative maintenance, other than 2 annual head cleanings provided under this plan, inherent product defect, comertially used products or multi-user organizations, public rental, or communal use in multi family household, damage which is not reported within 30 days after expiration of this plan, loss or damage to stored data, repairs to installed software, compuer viruses, cracked or physically damaged screens or computer hardware which is added after original purchase, burned in phospher in cathode ray tubes or any other type of dispay, any damage to recording media including any software programs, data, or configuration setup information resident on any mass storage devices such as hard drives, cd-rom drives, dvd drives, floppy diskettes, tape drives, or tape backup systems as a result of the malfunctioning or damage of an operating or non-operating part, or as a result of any repairs or placement under this plan, products with removed or altered serial numbers, loss or corruption of data and/or the restoration of software and operating systems, loss and/or theft of the product, loss of use, loss of business, loss of profits, down time and charges for time and effort, any failures, or parts and/or labor cost incurred as a result of manufacturer's recall, damage covered under any insurance policy, or any other warrantee or service plan."

So, when I called the stupid Cannon company I asked "What on earth did I get when I purchsed the warrantee? Clearly you guys cover yourselves so you don't have to be held accountable for anything!"
Then they sent my camera back to me the same day FedEx. So, they didn't even give me the option to OK the service charge to fix my camera. If i want it fixed, I have to pay another $11 to send it back to them.
Long story short: I HATE CANNON! They are not honest in their dealings. I will NEVER buy Cannon ever again. I will also read any warrantee BEFORE I purchase the piece of lying crap paper. But, most likely I will never purchase a warrantee again.

3 comments:

Clarisa said...

burned.

Shannon Szyperski said...

I think the Cannons are very nice people ; )

Live well, Laugh often, Love much ~Maria said...

This is the very reason that I hate warranties...the companies will say pretty much ANYTHING to get you to purchase the warranty, but when you come collecting...suddenly the very reason you are bringing it in is exempt. Grrrrr!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog