Gotta love Pregnancy

I LOVE being pregnant. But, I will have to admit sometimes it can be a bit much. I realized this as I spent 45 minutes throwing all my clothes out of my closet and rummaging through my maternity clothes in the pile next to my bed. I knew there was no hiding my baby bump at church today. So, the goal was to find something that actually made me look like I had a baby bump and not just like I had seriously "let myself go over the holidays." This was a major challenge today because everything I tried on, I felt, made me look like a giant blob. Maybe the process of picking out clothes wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to keep lying down on the bed because I was out of breath and about to throw-up.

That is probably the worst thing about pregnancy... feeling like a giant out-of-shape whale. I mean seriously! I have a HUGE stomach. I am just about 12 weeks pregnant But, I look like I am 5 months gestation. It is just a huge mass that is taking over and I can do nothing about it, but encourage it by eating everything in site because I cannot satisfy this insatiable hunger of mine. It is like my giant growing blob is just screaming "FEED ME! FEED ME!"
The tiredness, while it can be very annoying at times is actually kind of nice because I can always get away with a little nap... Ahhhhh, peace and quiet me time.
The nausea sucks big time. I have it all day every day. But, that just means that the baby is going strong. So... I'll take it.
I am out of breath a lot. But, that ensures me to not do too much work. It is like a free ticket for laziness.


I also LOVE the pregnancy boobs. This time of my life I actually have perky lifted boobs instead of my saggy hose boob skin flaps that resemble those of the women in National Geographic. I'll definitely keep that part of pregnancy.
Frequent peeing I could do without. I had a small bladder to begin with. So now I spend a ridiculous amount of time in the bathroom. I should just start reading a novel in there. I could have it done in a couple of days.


I also love the new hormones. David loves them too. I feel like a teenager that just hit puberty with a brand new boyfriend. Every time I see David I jump with enthusiasm and giddiness. I am soooo in love.
Yup, pregnancy for the most part is awesome. And at the end I will have an adorable tiny baby. It is just the Blob image that I would rather do without.

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

sorry, you're gonna have to send pics of that "enormous" bump for me to believe one bit...you probably just spent so much time in the closet because you wanted to look the part when you stepped out of that new cadalac of yours!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog