Justice the Crazy

I fear for the life of my child. The poor thing is crazy and I kinda feel like I should write a column or start a TV series like Bear Grylls did; except it would be a series about "How to survive childhood as a boy: from A Mother's perspective." Or better yet, "How to survive motherhood with an insane and wild child."
Yesterday Justice was at his best again. I had just finished making breakfast. I felt so proud of myself because I made the kids a healthy breakfast of eggs and toast with orange juice. All the while I tamed my nausea and included my kids in making the food. I also taught them a valuable lesson about staying away from the stove when cooking because it gets so hot it would burn them very badly. Over and over I had to tell Hope and Justice to get back away from the stove because it will burn them. I thought they got it...
Well, breakfast was made. The kids loved it, especially since they were the very first eggs laid by our chickens.
Then after the kids finished up eating, I had to sit down because I was nauseas and tired. At about that time Justice came up to me whining for a snack. I said, "No, you just ate breakfast. You can wait a while." Upon hearing that, he left. 2 minutes later I heard screaming. I immediately jumped to my feet knowing full well what had happened. Justice pulled a chair up to the stove and climbed on it in order to get to the snack cupboard. He was standing on the stove, both feet on the recently used burner.
I grabbed him down and sat him on the floor. Then, I rushed to get some ice packs from the freezer.
He of course screamed and cried for a LOOOOOOONG time. His feet were red with a few blisters. I was upset also. I had just gotten through giving him an important lesson on stove safety!
Then to make things worse - FOR ME - he kept crying for Faith. I said, "I am here, Baby...." He kept saying over and over, "NO! I want Faith! I love Faith! She is better!"
Well, I wallowed in self pity for the rest of the day feeling inferior to my 11 year old. AND, I was the one catering to Justice's every need and demand as he sat all day on the couch with his feet on ice; changing ice packs ALL DAY LONG, fixing his pillows, scratching his back, carrying him to the bathroom, and Yes.... getting him snacks and drinks.

Sometimes I wonder if motherhood is worth it....

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

i like the "how to survive motherhood with a wild child," but i fear no one could use it better than you. you realize that heaven owes you the mildest child with this next one, right? maybe you could name him/her "peace," and thereby send suggestive behavior...

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog