I Want My Comfy Warm Bed!

Justice threw a fit today.

"I DON'T WANT TO GET OUT OF MY COMFY WARM BED!!! IN!!! IN!!! IN!!! PUT MY BLANKET BACK ON!!!!! IT IS WARM AND COMFY!! I WANT MY COMFY BED!! I WANT TO BE BACK IN MY BED!!!! MY BED IS COMFY!!!!! IT'S WARM!!!! IIINNNNN MMMYYYYY BBEEEEEDD!!!! I WANT MY COMFY BED!!!! ...cry..cry...cry.....!"

I feel your pain, Buddy. There have been many a days that I wish I could scream the same things.
How I wish I could acceptably behave like a 3 year old. Everything I say could be uncensored. The most challenging issue I would deal with in a day would be deciding which toy to play with. And, if I ever got a booboo or got my feeligs hurt, some one is always there to make me feel better.
Sometimes growing up stinks. Everything always has to be so serious... The morgage. The credit cards. The relationships. the political correctness. The state of the world.
Today act like a kid... Throw all caution to the wind... Just have fun....
1. Make a silly face at a stranger.
Everyone likes a silly face. I bet you'll crack someone up.


2. Eat ice cream for dinner.
The fun part about being an adult is you can do what you want when you want. We are already aware of our immense responsibilities so for one night let it go.
3. Go to bed early. Some kids hate bedtime, but once they're down they sleep like rocks. Give yourself a ridiculously early bedtime one night this week. You can TiVo your shows and watch them another day.
4. Pretend you're a robot. Walk down the street or through a store with mechanical movements, adding 'zzzzzt' sounds with each motion. Pretending to have a motor broken in, say, your left hand can add at least 30 seconds more entertainment.
5. Color or draw something. Coloring brings back memories for most of us. Dig up some of your old coloring books if you can. They're better than the new ones, although the Care Bears are back!
6. Try to say the alphabet backwards. Kids are great at crazy tasks. They try with all their might. I learned to say the alphabet backwards fast as a kid. It was my favorite party trick. See how fast you can say it.
7. Have a race. The next time you are walking with a friend race them to the corner. It's fun to see other adults reacting to spontaneous racing.
8. Skip down the hallways at work. Mid-day sluggish getting to you? Skip to your meeting and you'll probably brighten up the whole office.
9. Wear what you want. Kids come up with interesting outfits when they're allowed by their parents to dress themselves. Come up with your own interesting outfit one day this week.



10. Try a handstand. Do it just for fun and don't worry about falling over.
11. Adopt a bizarre twitch (e.g. flicking your head irregularly, twitching with eye or busting out sporadic cough noises) and try it out when you go shopping.
12. When you are out in public use a foreign accept when you talk.

My kids love doing this. OK... so if you use an Italian accent, include flamboyant shoulder shrugs for added impact, or go for a Marlon Brando set of grunts.


Have Fun Today.







1 comment:

Clarisa said...

ice cream for dinner?!?! yummy!! i usually eat it for breakfast, but i don't mind eating breakfast for dinner ;) but i have to ask, why do you torture your 3 year old by dragging him out of bed? don't you know no good thing can come of distrubing a grumpy 3 year old? he'll make you pay for this! hopefully acting like a child on sat helped you smooth things over with him...

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog