What the????

I honestly don't understand people. How can people still think my son looks like a girl? Yeah, he has long hair.... Have they never seen a boy with long hair?
I mean, I dress him like a boy. He will only play with cars, trains, balls, and other "boy" toys. He sounds like a boy. He acts like a boy.
The kicker today was when Justice and I were at the gym. He wanted to see where I exercised. So, I took him. When we were in the fitness center of the building, he saw some men lifting weights. That started a conversation about how he would do that some day. I went on to tell him as we walked hand in hand, "Someday you will do that. You will be big just like Daddy. And, you will have hair on your chest. You will have hair on you legs and your face. And you will have big muscles and be tall, just like your Daddy." He freaked out when I told him about all the hair he would have..... But, that is beside the point.
The point is that some 20 something girl at the check-in counter was listening to our conversation. And, when we made it to the door to go outside and leave she said, "Have a nice day, ladies."
LADIES!!!
Are you freaking kidding me!!! I was standing there telling my son who looks like a boy that he will be just like his Daddy and have hair and muscles all over his body!
It blows my mind....
This is Justice today. These are the clothes he wore to the gym.
Seriously? A girl? Dumb...Dumb...Dumb...

3 comments:

Clarisa said...

i bet samson never had this problem. or fabio. am i helping or just making it worse?

Lissa said...

You do realize there are lots of little girls that dress like boys (usually cause that's what their parents wanted to begin with....) and random people don't KNOW that Justice plays with boy toys. Plus, your conversation with him about growing hair like daddy sounds like a typical thing David and I tease Amber and Jade about just to freak them out. It's just not that common to see a boy with long hair. Nothing wrong with it...just not something you see everyday (well, I guess you do, but not everyone else...)

Unknown said...

Well, I guess we should all start calling your baby a boy because she has SHORT hair? I mean.... if hair length sets standard. Right? Who cares that you dress her like a girl.
People may not be use to seeing a boy with long hair so they feel the need to call him a girl despite OBVIOUS "boy" conversations and after hearing me call him "son". Well, I am not use to hearing such moronic comments, from family included, so maybe I should start calling those people what I think they are...
(EVERYONE has seen a boy with long hair, BTW.)

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog