Does This Pregnancy Make Me Look Fat?

I am struggling with weight right now.. It is all centrally located in my belly. It drives me nuts because I can't move.

I can't bend over to grab stuff off the floor very well. And, if I am trying to do that while sitting I should just forget about it.
What is funny about the matter is that I am taking a fitness science class right now and I learned to calculate my BMI or Body Mass Index for those of you who are, well.... uneducated.. heehee..
So, my BMI last week put me at being underweight. This week I am considered a normal weight (even though if I wasn't pregnant I would have the biggest Beer gut EVER!) And, next week I will be obese.
Seriously.. not much difference, minus the belly hair.
Yup... I am feeling it. My belly is bigger. My hips are wider. Pregnancy has a way of making me feel not so sexy even though David tries to convince me I still am, and even more so now...
I have always said that I would be in a world of hurt if it wasn't for my genetics keeping me thin. But, I am reminded, now that I am pregnant, that that would never be the case. I get to a certain size, think I am fat, and start freaking out. David says I should never repeat this to anyone and that I have body dysmorphia. But, it is a fact. It is my reality.
So, I dream about going back to the gym. I salivate at beginning P90X, which is quite possibly the coolest workout system available right now... I learned about it one early morning when all there was on TV were infomercials....
So, that is by beef today. I want to lose this baby weight... I just need to have Honour first.

3 comments:

Holly Llewellyn said...

you look amazing...i have always been jealous of your "cute pregnant belly" i get fat all over, arms, face, butt, thighs...you name it...but you always look so cute. I too can't wait for the P90X...i will be starting it soon...and am so excited to be toned once again!

Lissa said...

Dang, Tera! If you're thinking you look fat....the rest of us have no chance at all!

Clarisa said...

can totally relate...i cry when people ask me how much longer till i deliver with that pity look in their eyes that say "you're sooo big" and smile all day when soemone thinks i am only 6 months pregnant. (i am 33 weeks tomorrow, and yes, one week makes that big of difference to me) of course, nothing is as bad as looking in the mirror and seeing it all hang out before you. nothing will change that. go get your obese belly, get your honour, get your body back in that look you were born to have, and then never ever ask a girl how much more she has to go with pity in your eyes. i can see why some ladies from days of old use to hide away during their pregnancies. because you are so slender normally, i am sure it is hard to see anything extra on you. good thing it isn't all those yummy girl scout cookies out there!ps - the answer is no, this preg does not make you look fat, it makes you look oh so special, "center" of attention, and your "hippy" movement is too so sexy! of course i know that pic isn't you so no, i'm not referring to her. you do get some funny ones off the net. really adds to reading your blog!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog