It's Not You.... Well, yeah... It IS You!

The word,"friend", is used to define an active, mutually satisfying relationship. Nobody breaks up with a friend. So, why do we have to break up with people in our life like they are friends? It's not like you can say, "Let's just be friends" as we would in a boyfirend/girlfriend relationship. We weren't friends and we don't want to be friends. Shouldn't we just say, "I am not going to talk to you anymore"..? Or better yet, why doesn't just making yourself unavailable work? The answer is simple.... because some people just don't "get it." 
Yet, the question still remains. How do you break up with someone in your life? This is a tough question, especially when you see them all the time, and even harder when you are related. But, as we come to terms with the idea of an existing "non-friendship" it becomes easier to take the necessary steps towards practical separation. You'd think.....
Sometimes the rational ideas of breaking up such as 1. Cancelling all dates and stop making new ones, (2) Filtering out all telephone calls, text messages, instant messages, and avoid all comments on cyber-social networks, and (3) Letting them fade away just won't work. Sometimes these relationships that you wish were no longer are unavoidable like parasites sucking your life away and there is 
NO WAY OUT...... EVER.... 
And, sometimes even moving away won't work. These relationships will follow you until the the day you die and the person is going to make sure of that, quite literally even.
So, what do you say? Its not you, it's me.... That would be lying. Wouldn't it be nice if we were kids and we could just say, "I'm not going to talk to you anymore," and then walk off to go eat a cupcake? Ahhhh, to be 5 years old. No, I am thinking more like, "You are a crazy person, we can rehash this relationship after you have had psychiatric therapy."

4 comments:

Clarisa said...

if you filter my comment, then i know you are talking about me. otherwise, phew! you are one sassy chick and i'm glad it's not me! but that's what kool kats like you do, deal with being miss populars that can't be left alone...do you want me to send you a cupcake for the afterness?

Unknown said...

LOL... You make me laugh Clarissa. :D

Dave said...

Maybe If try getting a job in a very remote corner of the US it could solve your problem. Oh wait, tried that.

Counselorburnworth said...

All I can say is THAT IS TOO FUNNY! And I'm glad it's not me being 'followed', but I think I have the not so nice ability of being rude, which my dear friend, you are way too good of a person for that. ;-)

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog