Princesses on Parade

I bet by the title of this blog post you thought I was going to talk about my girls... Well, I'm not.
Nope. This one is all about Justice - again.
For that last, well... 3 years... he has been mistaken for a girl because of his awesome long blond hair. We absolutely love it! But at times I have been pretty bothered by others calling him a girl. He is just so "BOY".
However, today he undeniably and without question looked like a little girl.
Justice has 1 friend that he plays with on a regular basis. Her name is Sarah. She lives right across the street, which is really nice because my friend Carrie and I can get together at the drop of a hat to let the kids play.
Sarah is also a girlie-girl who loves sparkles and pink. I think she majorly rubbed off on Justice.  And, we may need to branch out and find some boys his age to play with....
Yesterday he told me he wanted to play "princesses" with Sarah. And, today.... Well, you can see that he did. He is wearing a lovely shade of pink that sets of his skin tone quite nicely. He is also accessorized with a lovely crown and fancy red Snow White shoes. I think he is trying to pull off the reverse Heidi Klum 2008 Oscar red carpet look. Very chic.... He has taste in fashion.
When it was time to leave Sarah's house he even sulked like a girl. He became very moody because he wanted to keep playing princess. The only way to get him to leave the house and dress-up clothes behind was to tell him that if he did I would get him chicken nuggets for dinner.
He reluctantly took off the dress, crown, and Snow White heels. But, true to the boy he is, he couldn't pass up meat.... ummmm... sort of meat.
But, let it be known that the only time you may address my son as a "princess" is when he is dressed like one - which actually may happen from time to time.

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

yes, he does look rather lovely and adorable. he definitely knows what he likes! glad chickenishy meat still holds the key to his heart! ;)

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog