The Birthday Phone

So David gave me a new phone for my birthday. I loved it at first sight... Totally caught off guard, but loved it. It is called a Sciphone. I never heard of such a one. Apparently it is a knock-off of the iPhone. It looks identical, but there are a few differences. First, it has a stylus that you have to use to get around the different applications. It is a dual sim (whatever that means). It has an FM radio and a "shake" feature that will change the music you are listening to that you have downloaded - kinda like "shuffle". I am pretty sure it gets on the web. And, it is suppose to do all kinds of other things.
But, here is the issue I have with it. It sucks, plain and simple.
The phone's screen sensitivity does not recognize that I am trying to touch it to get to different places on the phone. When it does sense that I have touched it with the stylus, it will jump to somewhere else that I don't want. I can't figure out how to make the phone ring. I am not even sure how to dial a number for an outgoing call. It takes really bad pictures. I can't figure anything out on this phone and what I have figured out won't work right!
Now really.... I am not a dumb person. I am an honor student. I was invited into the national honors society and who knows how many other honors leagues and sororities.... So, I SHOULD be able to work a simple phone. No so....
Well, after trying for a long time last night, I gave up. I was frustrated and didn't want David to know I didn't like the new phone, yet.
I was determined to try again this morning... I worked on that phone for hours. I had my computer on my lap looking for help forums. There really weren't any! And, after trying to work it out on my own again with the phone for about an hour and a half, it died! I had it charging all night and it died after 1 1/2 hours! Come on!
I had had it! But, I was so worried about what David would think. I never wanted to touch the stupid thing again, and here he was so excited and proud of himself for getting it for me. He would certainly know I wasn't using it. But I was trying to figure it out in my head.... I could change the sim cards before and after he left to work from the new to old phone and back.... I couldn't re-gift it. David would wonder where the phone went and I want to keep my friends.... I was stuck. There really was no way out.
So, I ended up calling David at work this morning full of guilt to confess my disdain for the crappy new phone. I ended up bawling like a baby apologizing for hating the phone. He reassured me that it was OK and his feelings weren't hurt. He is such a great guy.
But, now I have a non-returnable phone, that I hate, sitting in a box by the door.
I think maybe I will just carry it around to look cool. It does look like a cool phone.....

1 comment:

David said...

sorry.

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog