1/3 the way to 100

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a nice day. It all started off with my good friend Carrie and her family coming over the night before with a plate of carrot cup cakes with cream cheese frosting. (My favorite!) They also gave me a "never to be broken, always reliable can opener"( I have horrible luck with can openers and am now on my 5th since I have lived in this house.)
Then she and her daughter Sarah came over in the morning after the kids headed off to school. She was bearing chocolate gifts. It could have all ended there to complete my day, but there was more...
I took a nap. I took a shower. My brothers and dad remembered my birthday this year. It's the little things folks....
Unfortunately, David was confined to the hospital until 6 pm. (Sheesh! Some women think the whole world needs to be put on hold because they are having a baby!) So, he called to tell me that he was sorry about that. And, he wanted to tell me I wasn't allowed to make dinner. So, he told me to get pizza take-out... What a hero! But, again my good friend Carrie came through and supplied my favorite pizza for dinner at her house. (It is Vito's Hawiian.)
David finally came home and I got to open my gifts. David and "Justice" gave me a Northface jacket size XS. It will look great on me when I can wear it next winter! David and "Hope" gave me a touch phone. Very awesome at first glance and for the first hour..... Then I wanted to shatter it into a million pieces after hours of trying to get it to work. (Here's the thing... Just because it is a "touch phone" doesn't mean it is a good phone.) Faith made me a very sweet card and bought me a skin cover for the phone that I now loathe so much.
Finally David and "Courage" got me a mint and chocolate ice cream cake. Yum. Yum. They brought it out all ablaze and accompanied by a booming chorus of "Happy Birthday." But, I was too full from stuffing my belly with pizza to really enjoy a full piece.
It was a good day. Just what I wanted.

3 comments:

Burwell's Bits said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Tai said...

I am glad you had a great birthday!
(PS.Thanks for the pregnancy pose. I cant wait for him to get here! so cute!)

Clarisa said...

haha! happy birthday but you can't brag you are 1/3 to 100 because you still have to get done with 1/3of this year to be there. you are still too young! you young ones crack me up! ;)

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog