OUR NEXT DOG

So I have decided on what type of dog we will get next! Drumroll please......Spike.....


The Peruvian Inca Orchid!



But it has a ton of names... Just because I am bored, I will tell you them. Other names are Moonflower Dog...Perro Flora....Perro sin pelo del PerĂº....Peruvian Hairless Dog....Al'co Calato.... and the Inca Hairless Dog. I love that it is Latin!
So anyway... It is a great dog. Besides the fact that it is hairless and looks totally awesome, they have no fleas, ticks, dirt caught in the fur, quick bath and towel dry off then grooming is done, it has absolutely no odor, & it is really really smart!
I am so ready for a smart dog! Charlie loves to eat poop and doesn't train well to do anything. In fact, all of our dogs were that way. Casanova is smart, but he wants to do what HE wants. STUBBORN.
The Peruvian Inca is very happy to please others. They are extremely intelligent and don't need to be corrected, like ever...
They are excellent watch dogs. They are never dog aggressive. They get along with cats.
They are indoor dogs because they can't handle the sun unless they have sunblock on.
So, I thought it would be a lot of fun to get one and make it a therapy dog. How cool would it be to walk around the hospital with a 2+ foot tall hairless dog that is extremely well mannered!!?? VERY COOL! And, I love doing pet therapy work... BONUS!
They are considered a hound. And, they do agility work. So, maybe for fun, I might train it to do that kind of stuff.
AAHHH... I love hairless animals. I think I will be a collector. Did you know there are hairless horses...? HMMM... We'll see.





4 comments:

Lissa said...

Sunblock?? "C'mon kids! We're taking the dog to the park! Don't forget to put sunscreen on him!" Hahahahaha! That's hilarious to me for some reason.

Unknown said...

I'll trade that for hair all over my house and in my food. :)WE can do our bedtime skin care routine together.. LOL

Tai said...

You are right Tera...your mixed tape is much cuter than my music thing. When are you going to get the new dog?

Unknown said...

after residency

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog