A Place to Call Home

So, David and I are getting pretty tired of living in this 3 bedroom condo with 5 kids, 2 cats and a dog. While I am extremely grateful that we have a place to live, it is cramped and just doesn't feel like "home". Know what I mean? A home just has a feeling about it.
Well, I was out the other night with some really fun girl friends I have made here. There was nothing to do in this town. And, since we are all new in town we decided to drive around and look at houses. We drove by one that I thought looked awesome. So, I took a picture of it and sent it to David. The next day we talked to a realtor and David and I went to go look at it.
We LOVED the house! We walked in and immediately it just seemed to fit. It felt like home. Both David and I got pretty excited about the house. This was the 1st and only house we have looked at since we got to Minot. We have never had such good feelings about a house on the 1st look either. We just walked in looked around and said, "OK. We'll take it!" Maybe it is our lack of a home for 5 months that has made us feel that way.... But, I don't know. I think this is OUR home...
The only catch is that we don't have a down payment yet. So, we put in an offer to rent for 6 months until we had a down payment together.
Unfortunately the owners were less than enthused about that idea.
So, now we are in the works to get a down payment together another way. Hopefully, we can figure something out soon! Hopefully, we get the house. I'll keep ya posted.

Our humble little condo

The Home we're trying to buy


2 comments:

SA Woodward Family said...

I am really hoping that you get this house as well. Good Luck in getting the down payment, sorry to hear that they are not willing to rent to you for 6 months, that would've been perfect.

Clarisa said...

excited for you! this looks like a very pretty home but then again, everything in minot seems to be beautiful from what you've shown. good luck!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog