David's Birthday

David turned a whopping 35 years old on May 14th! I can't get over that.. I remember when I was a kid that being in your 30's meant that you were OLD... Officially an adult.
We had a relaxed time celebrating it. In fact, the Friday he turned 35 our family was so busy with activities that we ended up celebrating his birthday on Saturday.
But, in the morning of his birthday, Hope and I went bright and early to the donut shop to get a dozen and a half donuts for breakfast. That was Hope's present to her daddy. She had planned it for about a month leading up to David's birthday and was convinced that he would "freak out and scream". Her words, not mine.
So, after she set the table (with the special red plate for David) all the kids and I sat down at the table and shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! WAKE UP!" Of course I gave David the warning that this would happen. I also gave him strict instructions to "Freak out" when he saw his breakfast. He did't freak out, but he acted plenty surprised and happy, to Hope's sheer delight and enjoyment. She was very proud of herself.
Then we gave David his presents.
He got some canvas Crocs

that he has been eye-balling ,

a Swiss army knife/laser pointer/USB drive, and a day of golf at a local country club.

He was happy.
The next day, Saturday, we had our good friends and neighbors come over for a lasagna dinner, cake, ice cream, and games. We really enjoy getting together with friends. We had a lot of fun and laughed all night.
I think his birthday turned out pretty well! 

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

happy birthday old man!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog