Easter 2010

We had a great Easter. David was even home!
The Saturday before Easter, we cooked and decorated eggs. We decided that it would be more fun to paint our eggs instead of dipping. So, that is what we did. Hope added to the idea by adding glitter to the mix. I think the eggs turn out beautifully. David even got in on the fun. I didn't know he wanted to paint Easter eggs. He kept stealing them from the kids so he could get his chance to paint. I think next year, I will add some more eggs to the pot for David to have for painting.
Then, Easter came and the kids woke up to eggs scattered all over the yard. They rushed outside at 7am to collect the eggs the Easter Bunny left. But after being out for about 10 minutes the kids started to complain about how freezing their hands were. So, they came in, compiled all the eggs and split up the booty evening between themselves. (My kids sharing skills are awesome.)
Later that day we all sat as a family and watch General Conference. I loved it! The messages were so good.
During the Break we even had a chicken funeral. What a perfect day for a funeral.... All the focus on the reserrection.
Easter night, we had a traditional ham. But, David threw out my brand new 10 Pound bag of potatos. He thought it was garbage. I am still trying to figure that one out... So, we had rice with our ham instead because it was Sunday and I didn't want to go buy new potatos. It all worked out beautifully.
What a great day!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

I'm glad there was no snow left for Easter! How sad would that have been if the kids had to dig through snow piles to find their goodies?? =)

Clarisa said...

hahaha! maybe david is secretly trying to send you a message about potatoes. glad you were creative enough to get in the rice! happy easter!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog