The Perfect Christmas

We had a great Christmas! It wasn't about the gifts.... It was all about being together. We have been so busy with life - David is gone so much, I am working on several projects at school, the kids are running from activity to activity.... But, this Christmas was a slow, relaxed, and perfect day as a family together. I loved it!
We started out at 7 am opening presents. That took about 2 hours or so because we took turns opening 1 at a time and playing with it for a while before the next one was opened. Justice took about 45 minutes to play with each toy before he would open his next one! It was funny.
We finally got around to eating at 12 pm. I made homemade cinnamon rolls... mmm...mmm...good! Then we played more and took naps, and played some more til bedtime.
Courage got a wii Mario cart game - so david and he played for hours. The girls and I made homemade crafts and danced the day away. Justice got a tractor from Santa that he played with for hours on end. Oh, and I found a great treasure at Once Upon a child. It was a complete train table with accessories. The price was insainly awesome! I love 2nd hand stuff!
David got some golfing shirts and shoes so he won't be embarrassed anymore at the country clubs with his Dr. friends. And he gave me a gift card and jewely box... unfortumately no jewely inside, but he on the right track now.
I just loved hanging with my peeps!!!

2 comments:

Nancy Mitchell Photography said...

looks like you guys had a wonderful christmas!

Heather said...

OK, I just read your scary night post...dude, 2 cell phones - I don't care how much it costs, it's worth it! Detroit airport sucks - it's so confusing. I wish you had our contact info cuz we only live 1/2 hour away - I totally would've helped you! Email me & I'll give it to you. I'm glad to hear your Christmas was pleasant. I live for those relaxing days!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog