Worst Mom EVER!

It is the end of the school year and so the kids are having their end of school year programs. They include singing, dancing and art to display.
Well, Hope was very excited about this. She even made me a personalized invitation to her program. It was so cute. She colored in crayon "Come to my show" " I love you Mom" "Thursday at 2:00".
Well, Thursday at 2:00 came and went. I forgot..... I FORGOT! I am such a jerk!
So, when she got home and I saw her, I instantly remembered. I felt HORRIBLE! She did too. I gave her tons of hugs and kissed with tons of "I am sorry"s . I asked how it went and what I missed... She said she sang and danced. She told me she played the xylophone. SHe also told me she missed me and REALLY wanted me there. She said. "I looked all over for you and I couldn't find you." My heart sank and broke for her.... Upon hearing our conversation Courage said, "Mom, my program is tomorrow at 2:00." And then Hope said, "Well, at least you can make it to see Courage's show..." Ugh... My heart was breaking even more. THen she ended it with "I should have told Justice (her 4yr old brother, mind you...) to remind you about my show so you wouldn't forget." I felt think a giant piece of crap!
So I took her shopping with me and bought her a donut.
The next day, I pulled her out of her class to watch Courage in his program. I had Hope sit on my lap for the hour. She told all about her program.... where she sat, what she sang, which instrument she played, and what her art looked like.
I wish I could take that day back and redo it........
Here are Courage's program pics:


2 comments:

Lissa said...

How sad! There's not really a way to make up for that, either. That sucks. Sorry, Tera! =(

Clarisa said...

it's soo sweet how she forgave you. you definintely got a great relationship going with her. what a beautiful and precious daughter!

Popular Posts

Save the Children - (Hit mute on the Youtube screen to avoid 2 songs)

My Favorite Reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog